Personally, the more knowledge I gain, the more I have to remind myself to remain humble. It’s so easy to learn more things in life and start judging people while out shopping, while out eating, while spending time with family members, and even on social networks. Below are my top 5 opinions on how to avoid being so judgmental. Enjoy!
Top 5 ways to not be judgmental:
1. Realizing that you are not all knowing- Realize that you don’t have all the answers. Have in mind that you can’t judge a person too hard when you are limited to knowing certain truths about that particular person.
2. Think – How would your life be if you had another mother? Another father? Didn’t grow up with parents? Was neglected by both parents? Was never shown love to as a young child? Everyone isn’t brought up in the same environment or may be as privileged as you are. We must remember that some people continuously walk down the wrong paths as their family members because they simply lack knowledge or assume that the wrong things they’re doing are normal.
3. Understand variation- Everyone does not speak proper English, is super fit, has flawless skin, have goals in life, was born in the United States, wants to grow closer to the Lord, etc. And that most definitely goes for celebrities as well (so many people idolize celebrities – I will talk about this in another blog) Bottom LINE: Nobody is perfect or even close to being perfect and we have to understand that in order to not be so judgmental.
4. Show Respect – Simply just show respect. Sometimes it may be hard when dealing with SUPER ignorant people, but we still must treat them the same. If everyone was extremely judgmental, we’d live in an even crazier world.
5. YOU are NOT SUPERIOR- You are mad that women have more than one baby daddy, but your mother fits in this category? You hate fat people, but your grandmother is overweight and you still love her to death. You hate how somebody’s hair look, but you can barely maintain your own? You’re saying someone is so ugly, yet you are struggling with your own self-esteem. Etc, etc, etc. You may have it better off than the person you are judging, but you have to remain humble. “Swallow your pride occasionally, it’s non-fattening! ~Author Unknown”
Recap: Realizing that you are not all knowing, thinking, understanding variation, showing respect, understanding you are not superior.
Comment below with your opinion, story, or any feedback. Thank you.