We all go through stuff in life and NOBODY has a perfect life. No matter how amazing someone’s life may look (the college someone attends/degrees, the cars, the engagement/pregnancy announcements, the parties/nightlife, the money, the attractive images you see on social media) … we all go through stuff. Don’t be fooled!
BUT…… There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be able to enjoy life.
Everyone is given 24 hours, but how we spend those hours is the question.
I understand that life circumstances, people, etc. can have a MAJOR influence/potential hindrance on our lives, but how do we respond? How do you react to change?
Below I composed a list of 5 ways to improve your life NOW! (Now = seriously during and after you read this)
1. STOP COMPLAINING – Complaining is draining, but some people continue to do it. If you’re not happy with something in your life, you can complain about it, or you can actively work to change it. Which one will you choose?
Example: Man, I hate going to work, I hate Mondays, I hate working long hours
Change it up: I’m thankful I have a job! (look for positives before you start blurting out complaints. & while you’re alone, try to avoid having ongoing vent sessions in your mind)
2. Don’t be JEALOUS- It’s so easy to envy, lust, and get mad when you see someone with something you want or someone who is progressing faster in life than you. Jealously is a sin and it’s a destructive emotion. It may not be something you’re used to, but congratulate people sometimes. Be happy for their success. Better things are coming your way, but have you already claimed them in advance? Prayed about it? Checked your motives? Strived to go after whatever goal you set?
3. Change things. Some things you CAN’T change. Accept it. (Example: people’s opinions in general….., especially the annoying ones I read under good Youtube videos---hahahah), BUT …You can make a difference – once you stop dismissing yourself. Step to challenges with the mindset of “how am I going to accomplish this?” instead of “what can I possibly do?” But if you’re not actually going to work to change something, then hush your mouth!
4. Don’t confuse pleasure with happiness Shopping, alcohol, smoking, fornication, listening to pointless music with great beats, etc., brings pleasure to many people. Pleasure comes from the quick-fixes that give us joy –. “QUICK FIXES” hint hint *temporary* hint hint* won’t last long ---Happiness comes from self-actualization and meaning. Pleasure is important to a happy life, but pleasure alone is not sufficient. Be mindful about what you seek after for your pleasure because unhealthy pleasure overtime can lead to destruction!
5. Take care of your mind. Get all that junk out your mind. Stop with the gossip and don’t allow your home boys, home girls, friends, and family members to pour mess into your spirit. Pour mess = you sitting and listening to them talk about pointless stuff that has little to no value. Staying home to relax is okay, but don’t dedicate every free hour you have to watching realty junk on TV, reading gossip blogs, checking sports scores, and doing other stuff that requires little mental energy. Even watching the news can poison your brain with its constant barrage of negativity and biased sensationalism.
As I close, keep in mind that the things I mentioned in this blog are just a few ways to live a better life and change your perspective about things.
I will be posting a part 2 to this blog later this week! Stay tuned and be blessed
Thank you for reading my blog
Lover of Christ